
So instead of spending our last two days at school teaching and counseling Matt and I got the treat of staying home with the girls because our work cancelled school! This is pretty unheard of except for the fact that the same thing happened last Winter when we missed 5 school days. Wow! In the last two days we have hit record amounts of snow fallen in 24 hours. We measured with a yard stick in our yard and got up to 21 inches at some spots. Can you believe it? We were stuck at home yesterday without a way out of the driveway even, but we were finally able to get out today after the snow plow guy arrived for a second time (and another $40 later, ugh!). Even once we got out we had a hard time getting down the street to the nearest shopping area because all the side streets were not plowed well enough.

Kalei is our real snow girl! She just adores the stuff. She keeps wishing mommy did too. I try to reassure her that at least I enjoy playing with them in it sometimes. I'll never quite be the snow girl she is. She begs to bundle up (scarf and all) and play out in the white stuff and romp around throwing it at all of us or wants to take a ride down our long driveway on the sled. She just thinks this gift from God is GREAT!

Alea was having the time of her life out in the snow these last couple of days! The funny thing is that she would trudge along through the snow that was almost up to her belly button and then she would plop herself down and just lay there waiting for one of us to rescue her. She would yell, "Help! Help!" We started to think she was enjoying the attention. Little sisters - hee! Her hat didn't last very long either.




You may not be able to see this but this is Mimi's (Heidi's mom's) car. Her car is white and could barely even be seen under all the snowfall we had at the end of this week. It was unbelievable!
3 comments:
Adorable pictures and I'm totally jealous as I don't think we'll have a white Christmas here. I'm surprised we don't have snow yet in OHIO, wouldn't you think??? Even my parents have it and they get snow only every 5 or so years. Chris tells me we will get snow and I'll be asking him when it will ever stop, we'll see... Merry early Christmas!
So, you have snow on your side of town too, eh? LOVE these pics of your darling girls in the snow. We've been contemplating throwing Gracie out there for some pictures...what do you think? :) LE
Okay, you can totally feel the fun popping out our your pictures! I'm glad to see your girls making merry in the snow too! Super cute pictures!!
Post a Comment